Wind Turbine Park - Logistics and Erection
80 Wind Turbines in 80 days
BC&R completed all logistics and erection aspects of an extremely aggressive project to meet the needs of the largest wind energy producer in the US. The 80-wind turbine farm northeast of Evanston is Wyoming's largest and can generate up to 144 megawatts. BC&R efficiently and safely transported and erected the 1.8 MW machines on 65m towers in less than three months overcoming the obstacles of inclement weather and the tight erection schedule. BC&R provided seamless execution of the complicated shipments from multiple US ports to mechanical completion on the jobsite.
Project responsibilities included:
Rail and road logistics.
- Operation of a nacelle preparation yard for installation of small components
- Design and fabrication of specialty transport devices
- Preparation of trailers to transport all major equipment to site
- Transport scheduling, sequencing and travel
- Specification of site roads and crane pads.
- Site warehousing for WTG parts and supplies at a central project yard
- Site transport of completed 110t nacelles to the WTG pads
- Specification of major equipment strategy to erect WTG units on an accelerated basis
- Mechanical erection, cleaning, torque and ancillary installation of 80 WTG units
- Project supervision, document control, procurement and safety management onsite.